In this scene, we will render a plane primitive with a checkered material. We will introduce the following new scene elements.
- integrator (for the rendering algorithm used)
- sensor (for the camera settings like fov)
- film: a sub-entity of the sensor element (for the output image resolution and type)
- sampler: a sub-entity of the sensor element (for the number of camera samples and the type of sampling distribution to be used.
- plane (for rendering of our plane shape)
- bsdf: a child entity of our plane shape (for the checkered material)
For this scene, the sensor element is defined as follows:
- EWA (for EWA filtering which is the default filter type)
- trilinear (for linear filtering)
- nearest (for nearest neighbor filtering)
|Output from the CheckeredPlane.xml scene|